Wednesday, September 25, 2013

FOTD


Today I am thinking to try my first face of the day post. Not sure if it will also be my last, as I tend to gravitate to the same look all the time (so most likely all will look very similar/identical), but here goes nothing :D

My favorite combination before applying make-up:
- Etude House Wonder Pore Toner  (review here)
- Tony Moly Floria Nutra Energy Toner (review here), even though is marked as a toner I use it as a light moisturized (especially if i will use a dewy finish bb cream afterwards)
- Biore UV Perfect Face Milt SPF 50 PA+++ (review here)


As base make up I keep it pretty simple and clean:

- Laura Mercier Undercover 2 (secret concealer part) to cover the dark circles. Is a very nice, creamy, salmon tone concealer that is perfect to neutralize the dark blue undertones under the eye. The other half had the Secret Camouflage which was a skin tone concealer but you had to rub really hard in order to pick up some product on your finger. And when you finally put it on it either caked up over base makeup, or rub off under base makeup. When it popped by itself one day, I had no regrets in throwing it to the garbage.
- Lioele Triple the Solution BB cream, I love this bb cream. I use about a pump for my whole face.





 For the eyes I used:
- ELF essential eye primer, I'm almost out of it. It's a decent primer, for the money you can't beat it. This was my second tube, but I would like to try next Etude House Proof 10 eyeshadow primer. I hear it's pretty good.
- Rimmel eyebrow pencil (the color rubbed out), I used it sparingly at the ends of the eyebrow just for a tad bit of definition
- Milani Easyline in black, it's just a plain black retractable pencil. It smudges pretty easily. I used it to extend the corner of my eye a little.
- Wet n Wild Knock on Wood trio: brow bone color all over the lid (it a soft dusty pink with some tiny particles of sparkle), crease color in the crease and eyelid color in the outer corner (a beautiful coppery color).
- MUA Undressed pallet: off white color with a hint of champagne under tone on the brow bone and inner corner, and the dark brown color as a liner on the outer half of the eye applied with a angle liner brush.
- Rimmel Scandal Eyes mascara, it's an ok mascara with a big wand. I like to use it on an everyday basis even though is not waterproof, because it's easily removed at the end of the day even with a makeup wipe.




For the cheeks i only used ELF studio blush in Mellow Mauve, which is a beautiful dusty color with some blue tiny specks of shimmer. It's beautiful and I really like it in the fall time, but it has sooo many fallout. I barely tap my brush in it, and it goes everywhere.


For the lips I used:
- ELF essential lipstick in Seductive
- MUA Intense Kisses Lip gloss in the shade Lips are Sealed (although the picture was taken before I applied the gloss as well)

And the final look. Very natural, everyday type of makeup. This time I added a bolder lip color, but usually I keep it pretty natural as well.


Hope you enjoyed it! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment